10 Best Fruits to Grow in Ontario
- Apples – Ontario is known for its delicious and juicy apples. Some popular varieties to grow in Ontario include Honeycrisp, McIntosh, and Red Delicious.
- Blueberries – Blueberries are easy to grow in Ontario’s acidic soil. They are also packed with antioxidants and are a great addition to any garden.
- Strawberries – Strawberries grow well in Ontario and are perfect for fresh eating or making jam. June-bearing strawberries are the most common variety grown in the region.
- Raspberries – Raspberries thrive in Ontario’s cool climate. They are a great source of vitamin C and make a delicious addition to baked goods and smoothies.
- Grapes – Ontario’s climate is well-suited for growing grapes, especially for making wine. Some popular varieties include Cabernet Franc and Chardonnay.
- Cherries – Sour cherries, in particular, grow well in Ontario. They are perfect for making pies, jams, and other desserts.
- Peaches – Peaches can be grown in Ontario, although they require a bit more attention than some other fruits. Some popular varieties to try include Redhaven and Cresthaven.
- Plums – Plums grow well in Ontario and are perfect for making jams and jellies. Popular varieties include Stanley and President.
- Pears – Pears can be grown in Ontario, although they do require a longer growing season. Some popular varieties to try include Bartlett and Bosc.
- Blackberries – Blackberries grow well in Ontario’s climate and are a great source of vitamin C. They are perfect for fresh eating or making desserts.
Overall, Ontario’s climate and soil provide an excellent environment for growing a wide variety of delicious fruits.