What are the healthiest fruits and vegetables?
There are many healthy fruits and vegetables, and including a variety of them in your diet can help provide a range of nutrients your body needs. Some of the healthiest fruits and vegetables include:
- Berries (e.g., blueberries, strawberries, raspberries) – high in antioxidants and vitamin C
- Leafy greens (e.g., spinach, kale, Swiss chard) – high in vitamins A, C, and K, as well as minerals like iron and calcium
- Cruciferous vegetables (e.g., broccoli, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts) – high in fiber, vitamins C and K, and phytonutrients
- Citrus fruits (e.g., oranges, grapefruits, lemons) – high in vitamin C and antioxidants
- Avocado – high in healthy fats and fiber
- Tomatoes – high in lycopene, a powerful antioxidant
- Apples – high in fiber and antioxidants
- Carrots – high in beta-carotene, a precursor to vitamin A
- Sweet potatoes – high in fiber, vitamin C, and beta-carotene
- Grapes – high in antioxidants, such as resveratrol.
Remember to always try to include a variety of fruits and vegetables in your diet, as different ones offer different benefits.